Imagination's Fool

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Daily blasphemy

The exam went well. My studying paid off. I actually remembered things. I hope the grade reflects it.

In honor of the ballgame during which I studied last night, allow me to present to you today's rewrite -- the 23rd Psalm, New York style:

1 Derek Jeter is my hero; I shall not want.

2 He hitteth the ball into the green outfield: he leadeth a rally in the eighth inning.

3 He restoreth my faith in New York: he leadeth the Yankees in the paths of victory for my pride's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Boston, I will fear no Red Sox fans: for thou art hitting well; thy bat and thy glove they comfort me.

5 Thou manufacturest a run before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou cachest the easy infield fly; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house that Ruth built forever.

And now, procrastination finished, back to writing the Russian history paper...

Arwyn 12:56
permanent link

2 Comments:

Selah. Amen. Hallelujah.

Arwyn, I will insert your version into my hymnbook, as it is truly inspiring and doctrinally pure.

Danithew
http://www.wump.info/wumpblog
My, what a difference a week makes!

Post a Comment

Google
WWW Imagination's Fool